Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana, Inc. | Adult Learning
Forms | New Troop Volunteer Guide | Safety | Adult Learning | Girl Programs | Girl Awards
Course Descriptions and Links
Progression of Volunteer Training
- Online Girl Scouting 101* (REQUIRED of all lead volunteer and encouraged for all volunteers)
- Job Briefing*(REQUIRED for all lead adult volunteers prior to meeting with girls)
- First Aid/CPR Certification (REQUIRED for field/camping trips)
- Basic Outdoor Skills (REQUIRED for any outdoor cooking or campfires)
- On the Go (REQUIRED for any overnights)
- Troop Camp Certification (REQUIRED for any camping other than backyard. Prerequisite courses: On the Go, Basic Outdoor Skills plus six months' practice of those skills.)
- Workshops on a variety of topics
Table of activities and the courses required for them.
How to Register for Courses
- If a course has a fee, payment must be received with registration.
- Confirmation will be sent via email.
- If a course is cancelled, you will be notified by email.
- If a course is full, you will be placed on a waiting list and notified of the status via email.
- Please do not bring children to training with you. Sitter service is not available.
- For courses with online modules access information will be emailed to you when your registration is received.
- Note: Cancellations must be received by the deadline for a 75% refund. Cancellation requests received after the deadline will not receive refunds.
Learning opportunities are a service provided by Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana.When a fee accompanies a course, it covers consumable supplies and/or special materials such as certifications issued and required by other organizations).
Courses by Request
- Service Unit Teams may request courses and workshops for their area with the following guidelines:
- Requests must be made through the Director of Volunteer Resources AdultEd@girlscouts-gssi.org. or X312.
- A minimum of 8 volunteers must be interested in bringing the course to their area (Feel free to include other service units.)
- Three possible dates should be chosen (include one evening and one Saturday) that could be attended by at least five volunteers interested in the course.
- Courses will be scheduled according to the availability of volunteer council facilitators.