Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana, Inc. | Resources | Graphic Guidelines
Girl Scouts has both iconic colors and shapes that identify the organization.All of us who communicate about Girl Scouts play a role in protecting the brand identity and in using it to spread the word about Girl Scouting! Here are some guidelines to use in communicating about Girl Scouts:
1. How do I use council logo/Girl Scout logo?
The logo should appear on every flier, letter, or product that communicates about Girl Scouts.
It must appear in the upper left-hand corner of the document
Margin and/or clearance area around the service mark is determined by the height of the “g” in the service mark itself.
Never change the configuration of the Girl Scout or counci
2. Which font shoud I use?
- Always use Arial as the font on all Girl Scout communications/fliers/products.
- The Arial font includes Arial Rounded MT Bold, Arial Black, Arial Narrow, and Arial Unic
|3. What about colors?
- Green, black and white should always be used as the predominant colors.
- Girl Scout green is PMS355 or r0, g174, b88
Daisy (blue)--c80 m10 y0 k0
- In addition, age-level colors can also be used:
Brownie (brown)--c0 m60 y100 k65
Junior (purple)--c53 m100 y0 k0
Cadette (red)-- c0 m98 y85 k7
Senior (orange)--c0 m70 y100 k0
Ambassador (yellow-orange)--c0 m40 y100 k0
Volunteers (gray)--c0 m0 y0 k30
4. What is the correct way to talk to/write about Girl Scouts?
- Always use “Girl Scouts”—never “Scouts.”
- Begin each level of Girl Scouts with “Girl Scout”-i.e., Girl Scout Daisy, Girl Scout Brownie, etc.
- Girl Scouts as an organization, is always singular, i.e., “Girl Scouts is the leading expert on girls’ healthy development.”
- In talking about Girl Scout members, you can use a plural, i.e., “Girl Scouts in Daviess County are selling cookies….”
5. How should I use graphics and photos?
Photo Cropping Guidelines:
- An image with 80% girl and 20% background feels immediate/personal.
- An image with 20% girl and 80% background shows contex/activities.
- Sketchbook illustration is personal and on brand.
Brand Assets You Can Dowload and Use
Right-click on the following images and save-as to your computer.
1. GSSI servicemark
2. Girl Scout logo in several color configurations:
The profiles cannot be altered in any way. If you use the profiles, the Girl Scout logo or GSSI's logo/servicemark must also appear on the document.
- Use the trefoil creatively.
- Use Arial Semi-bold to create text within the trefoil.
- Headlines, pull quotes, and seasonal tags can be used as trefoil content, or you can use the mission excerpt.
6. Age Level Logos and Logo Shorthands
7. Girl Award Logos and Cookie Program Logo